A few key notes from Matt Mullenweg State of The Word 2012
- There’s a new feature at the plugins screen at the WordPress Plugins repository called Favorited. With you will be able to create your own list of favorite plugins which later on, you might be able to install your favorite plugins, on the fly!
- The latest added features to WordPress such as the Tweets Embedding, innovating media uploads,…etc.
- A quick peak at WordPress 3.5 awaited features such as the Media Library, Twenty Twelve Theme, Retina Support, … etc.
- the mobile horizon for WordPress.
- WordPress as a blogging platform, as a CMS, and the future of WordPress as an App Engine!
- Due to WordPress survey, the average non-profit website built with WordPress would cost about $2000, where Small to Mid-size commercial websites built with WordPress would come to $2500. $4200 would be the average cost for large WordPress websites.
- 16.7% of the web is built using WordPress! What an amazing percentage.
So without any further ado, Enjoy the speech below